Thursday 9 February 2012

Community gets involved in quilt project in Dumfries

Community leaders and members have been getting involved in the Hampden Park Quilt project by learning to make quilts.   This is week 5 of 6 in the second series of my teaching them so that they can go out and teach other members of their communities.   What a great experience this is !! So much fun and home bakes...... doesn't do much for my diet.    This class happens at the North West Resource Centre in Dumfries.  In the photo with their quilts are Sheena Watson, Mary Urquhart, Anne Pearson, Martin Rae (resource staff) and myself.

2 comments:

  1. I happened upon your blog, being a fellow quilter - but what caught my attention in the photo was one labelled "Anne Pearson" who is my cousin (and who's mother Hansie had Alz. so it makes sense that it's her). Anyway just wanted to know if I'm correct - and that's her on bottom left? I live in Canada but my grandfather, a Pearson, was from Dumfires and I've visited there several times. Your quilt project sounds like a wonderful endeavor - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I've just come across this whilst searching for an old friend who I lost touch with. I recognised Mary Urquhart in your photo. I'd love to get back in touch with her again. I once sold her a fox terrier called Badger so she will know who I am!

      Delete